Jesus promised to take the saints first to where He is in heaven “And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also” (John 14:3). Then, the Bible says, “I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them … and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years” (Revelation 20:4). And the Bible elaborates, “Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? … Know ye not that we shall judge angels?” (1 Corinthians 6:2, 3).
The righteous of all ages will see and participate in the judgment during the millennium. They will not decide who is saved or lost, because God will already have that decided but they will simply confirm the Lord’s judgments. They will say, “For thy judgments are made manifest” (Revelation 15:4). The purpose of this judgement is to remove all doubt concerning the destiny of every individual.
The fairness of God’s punishment for the lost and His rewards for the saints will be understood by all (Revelation 22:11, 12). The cases of all who are lost, including the devil and his angels, will be reviewed. In the end, everyone will see that the wicked are lost based on their own choices. Then, all will testify, “For true and righteous are his judgments” (Revelation 19:2).
Here are the events and conditions during the 1,000 years:
1. Earth is in battered condition from huge hailstones and devastating earthquake (Revelation 16:18-21; 6:14-17).
2. Earth is in total blackout/bottomless pit (Jeremiah 4:23, 28).
3. Satan and his angels are forced to stay on the earth/bound (Revelation 20:1-3).
4. The righteous are in heaven participating in the judgment (Revelation 20:4).
5. The wicked are all dead (Jeremiah 4:25; Isaiah 11:4).
In His service,