The Benefits of the Blood of Christ
The blood of Christ is the basis of the New Covenant. Just before He died, Jesus offered the cup of wine to His disciples and said, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is poured out for you” (Luke 22:20). The pouring of the wine in the cup symbolized the blood of Christ which will be poured out on the cross for the redemption of all mankind from the penalty of sin. Any one that accepts the blood of Jesus by faith and follow the Lord in obedience to His Word will be saved (John 1:12).
The blood of Jesus gives the believers the following benefits:
- It erases sins (Matthew 26:28).
- It is the tool by which Jesus washes the inequity (Revelation 1:5; 7:14).
- It cleanses the believers from all sin (1 John 1:7).
- It grants life (John 6:53).
- It justifies and saves the believers from death (Romans 5:9).
- Through it, Jesus saved the church (Acts 20:28).
- Through it, Jesus becomes the believers’ atonement (Romans 3:25).
- It cleanses the conscience from dead works to serve the living God (Hebrews 9:14).
- It redeems the believers (Ephesians 1:7; 1 Peter 1:18-19; Revelation 5:9).
- It connects the repentant to God (Ephesians 2:13).
- It gives the believers forgiveness of sins (Col. 1:14).
- It bears witness in the earth along with the Spirit and the water (1 John 5:8).
- It gives peace to the believers (Colossians 1:20).
- It obtains eternal redemption for the believers (Hebrews 9:12).
- It speaks a better word than the blood of Abel (Hebrews 12:24).
- It sanctifies the believers (Hebrews 13:12).
- It allows the believers to abide in Christ (John 6:56).
- It makes the believers complete for every good work (Hebrews 13:20-21).
- It is the way by which the believers enter the most holy place with boldness (Hebrews 10:19).
- It is the way by which the believers overcome the accuser of the brethren (Revelation 12:11).
Check out our Bible Answers page for more information on a variety of topics.
In His service,