Thank you for contacting BibleAsk.
Compared to human beings:
- Angels are spiritual beings “Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation” (Hebrews 1:14).
- Angels are a little higher than man “Thou madest him a little lower than the angels” (Hebrews 2:7).
- Angels are stronger than man “Bless the LORD, ye his angels, that excel in strength” (Psalm 103:20; 2 Peter 2:11).
- Angels are greater than man in knowledge “according to the wisdom of an angel of God, to know all things that are in the earth” (2 Samuel 14:20; Matthew 24:36).
- Angels are more noble than man “And the angel answering said unto him, I am Gabriel, that stand in the presence of God” (Luke 1:19).
- Angels can take on the appearance of men when the occasion demands “Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares” (Hebrews 13:2).
- Angels do not marry or reproduce like humans “For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven” (Matthew 22:30).
- Their appearance is sometimes in dazzling white and blazing glory “And, behold, there was a great earthquake: for the angel of the Lord descended from heaven, and came and rolled back the stone from the door, and sat upon it. His countenance was like lightning, and his raiment white as snow” (Matthew 28:2-4).
- Angels are without physical bodies but at times take a physical form to appear to men “And there came two angels to Sodom at even; and Lot sat in the gate of Sodom: and Lot seeing them rose up to meet them; and he bowed himself with his face toward the ground” (Genesis 19:1).
In His service,