The common English translations of the Bible don’t use the term millennium. And there are not that many explicit references to a “thousand years” in the Bible. Even so, the Scriptures do contain enough knowledge about the coming incredible Millennium.
The following events will take place at the beginning of the millennium or the 1000 years period:
- Devastating earthquake and hailstorm (Revelation 16:18-21; Revelation 6:14-17).
- Second coming of Jesus for His saints (Matthew 24:30, 31).
- Righteous dead raised to life (1 Thessalonians 4:16, 17).
- Righteous given immortality (1 Corinthians 15:51-55).
- Righteous given bodies like Jesus (1 John 3:2; Philippians 3:21).
- All righteous caught up into the clouds (1 Thessalonians 4:16, 17).
- Living wicked slain by the breath of the Lord’s mouth (Isaiah 11:4).
- Wicked in graves remain dead until the end of the 1,000 years (Revelation 20:5).
- Jesus takes righteous to heaven (John 13:33, 36 14:1-3).
- Satan bound (Revelation 20:1-3).
And the following events will take place at the end of the millennium:
- Third coming of Jesus with His saints (Zechariah 14:5).
- Holy city settles on mount of Olives, which becomes a great plain (Zechariah 14:4, 10).
- The Father, angels, and all of the righteous come with Jesus (Revelation 21:1-3; Matthew 25:31; Zechariah 14:5).
- Wicked dead raised and Satan loosed (Revelation 20:5, 7).
- Satan deceives entire world (Revelation 20:8).
- Wicked surround the holy city (Revelation 20:9).
- Wicked destroyed by fire (Revelation 20:9).
- New heavens and earth created (Isaiah 65:17; 2 Peter 3:13; Revelation 21:1).
- God’s people enjoy eternity with Christ on the new earth (Revelation 21:2-4).
At the end of the millennium, God will create new heavens and a new earth. Sin and its death will be gone forever. God’s people will receive the kingdom promised to them. “They shall obtain joy and gladness, and sorrow and sighing shall flee away” (Isaiah 35:10).
In His service,