Question: What are the different views of the Millennium? And which one is the correct view?
Answer: Here are the different views on the Millennium:
Amilenialism teaches the rejection of the doctrine that Jesus will have a literal, thousand-year-long, physical reign on the earth. This term, literally means “no millennialism.”
Millennialsim teaches that there will be a ‘golden age” on earth in which Christ will reign for a thousand years before the final judgement.
Dispensational Premillennialism teaches that Jesus will return before a seven-year tribulation period and take Christians to heaven by means of a secret rapture. Christ would then physically return after the tribulation.
Premillennialism teaches that Christ’s second coming occurs before the millennium.
Postmillennialsim teaches that Christ’s second coming occurs after the millennium.
Historical Premillennialism teaches that Jesus will physically return before the millennium. In contrast to dispensational premillennialism, historical premillennialism teaches that Christ comes for all His people after the tribulation but before the millennium.
The Historical Premillennialism is the view that is clearly supported by the scriptures. Here is a review to the events the occur at the beginning of the 1,000 years:
- Devastating earthquake and hailstorm (Revelation 16:18-21; Revelation 6:14-17).
- Second coming of Jesus for His saints (Matthew 24:30, 31).
- The dead in Christ raised to life (1 Thessalonians 4:16, 17).
- Righteous given immortality (1 Corinthians 15:51-55).
- The saved will be given bodies like Jesus (1 John 3:2; Philippians 3:21).
- All righteous caught up into the clouds (1 Thessalonians 4:16, 17).
- Living wicked slain by the breath of the Lord’s mouth (Isaiah 11:4).
- Wicked in graves remain dead until the end of the 1,000 years (Revelation 20:5).
- Jesus takes righteous to heaven (John 13:33, 36; 14:1-3).
- Satan bound (Revelation 20:1-3).
For the events that happen during and at the end of the Millennium, check the following The Millennium.
In His service,
This post is also available in: हिन्दी (Hindi)