3. Upon what conditions was freedom from disease promised?
“If thou wilt diligently harken to the voice of the Lord thy God, and wilt do that which is right in His sight, and wilt give ear to His commandments, and keep all His statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I am the Lord that healeth thee.” Ex. 15:26.
4. What does the psalmist say the Lord does for His people?
“Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases.” Ps. 103:3.
5. What constituted a large part of Christ’s ministry? “Who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil.” Acts 10:38. See Luke 13:16. “And Jesus went about all Galilee, . . . healing all manner of sickness and all manner of disease among the people.” Matt. 4:23.
6. Why should the health of the body be preserved?
“For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God’s.” 1 Cor. 6:20.
7. What is the body of the believer said to be?
“What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?” Verse 19.
9. What example did Daniel set in this matter?
“But Daniel purposed in his heart that he would not defile himself with the portion of the king’s meat, nor with the wine which he drank.” Dan. 1:8.
10. With what food did he ask to be provided?
“Prove thy servants, I beseech thee, ten days; and let them give us pulse to eat, and water to drink.” Verse 12.
11. What was the original diet prescribed for man?
“And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.” Gen. 1:29.
12. Why did the Lord restrict the Hebrews in their diet?
“For thou art an holy people unto the Lord thy God, and the Lord hath chosen thee to be a peculiar people unto Himself, above all the nations that are upon the earth. Thou shalt not eat any abominable thing.” Deut. 14:2,3.
NOTE.-Both mind and body are affected by the food we eat.
13. What effect does cheerfulness have upon the health?
“A merry heart doeth good like a medicine.” Prov. 17:22.
14. How did the Saviour provide rest for His disciples?
“And He said unto them, Come ye yourselves apart into a desert place, and rest awhile.” Mark 6:31.
15. How are we exhorted to present our bodies to God?
“I beseech you. . . that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God.” Rom. 12:1.
16. What high purpose should control our habits of life?
“Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.” 1 Cor. 10:31.