After the second coming of Christ, He will reign with the saints in heaven (not on earth) during the 1000 years. Jesus said, “Little children, I shall be with you a little while longer. You will seek Me; and as I said to the Jews, ‘Where I am going, you cannot come,’ so now I say to you” “Simon Peter said to Him, “Lord, where are You going?” Jesus answered him, “Where I am going you cannot follow Me now, but you shall follow Me afterward.” ““Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also” (John 13:33, 36; 14:1-3).
Here is a summary of the events at the end of the 1000 years:
- Third coming of Jesus with His saints (Zechariah 14:5).
- Holy city settles on the Mount of Olives, which becomes a great plain (Zechariah 14:4, 10).
- The Father, angels, and all of the righteous come with Jesus (Revelation 21:1-3; Matthew 25:31; Zechariah 14:5).
- The wicked dead are raised and Satan is consequently loosed (Revelation 20:5, 7).
- Satan deceives the entire (wicked) world (Revelation 20:8).
- They (Satan and his followers) surround the holy city (Revelation 20:9).
- Hell fire is rained down and sin in consumed forever (Revelation 20:9)
After the destruction of sin by fire, God will create new heavens and a new earth, and the new Jerusalem that came down from heaven with the saints and settled on earth will be the capital city of the earth made new (Revelation 21:2,3). “Behold, I create new heavens and a new earth” (Isaiah 65:17). “Look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness” (2 Peter 3:13). “He that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new” (Revelation 21:5). “The tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God” (Revelation 21:3).
Check out our Bible Answers page for more information on a variety of topics.
In His service,