“At the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female,’ and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.’ So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate” (Matthew 19:4-6).
God created the joyous union of man and women in the marriage bond. And the Lord designed sex between a husband and wife to express their love for each other. God ordained that sex should take place only within marriage to protect the lovers (Exodus 20:14). There are many reasons why you should wait until marriage to have sex:
- Sex outside marriage is sin (Exodus 20:14).
- You will not miss out on the uniqueness of the wedding night.
- You will not have guilt baggage and emotional pain if things didn’t work out.
- Waiting is a test of true love.
- You will show respect to your partner by exhibiting self control.
- You will earn your partner’s future trust by showing will power now.
- You will not settle for less than what God has prepared for you.
- You will not have to deal with the risk of contracting sexual diseases.
- You will be a good example of purity for others.
- You will reap the rewards of being faithful to God.
Abstinence from sex before marriage saves lives, protects babies, gives sexual relations the proper value and above all honors God.
Check out our Bible Answers page for more information on a variety of topics.
In His service,