In the New Age theology of Benjamin Creme, which was founded on the teachings of Helena P. Blavatsky (HPB) and Alice A. Bailey (AAB), we find that these teachings were dictated to them from various Ascended Masters. Through a closer examination of their beliefs, it can be shown that the so-called Ascended Masters who developed their theology are in fact the Fallen Angels of the Judeo-Christian tradition.
While, the Bible teaches that the Antichrist will appear at a time when catastrophic events (earthquakes, meteor impacts, major famines and plagues, intense heat from the sun, and many other catastrophic events) are overtaking the earth, the New Age theology, teaches that Maitreya is the one who will appear instead.
The Bible teaches that the Antichrist will establish a single, mandatory religious system. In Revelation 13:8, it says, “And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him (Antichrist), whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.”; “as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed” (Revelation 13:15). In the New Age theology, we find that the Maitreya is predicted to establish the New World Religion.
Daniel chapters 7, Daniel 8 and Revelation 13, give at least 10 points that identify the Papacy as the Antichrist:
A. The “little horn” or kingdom “came up among them”–the 10 horns which were the kingdoms of Western Europe (Daniel 7:8). So, it would be a little kingdom somewhere in Western Europe. The Papacy was founded in Western Europe.
B. It would have a man at its head who could speak for it (Daniel 7:8). The papacy does have one man at the head (the pope).
C. It would pluck up or uproot three kingdoms (Daniel 7:8). The emperors of Western Europe were largely Catholic and supported the papacy in its growth and authority. Three Arian kingdoms, however, did not support the papacy–the Vandals, Heruli, and Ostrogoths. So, the Catholic emperors decided they must be subdued or destroyed.
D. It would be “diverse” or different from the other 10 kingdoms (Daniel 7:24). The papacy came on the scene as a religious power and was totally different from the secular nature of the other 10 kingdoms.
E. It would make war with and “wear out” or persecute the saints (Daniel 7:21, 25). The church did persecute people and admits to doing so. Even conservative historians claim the church destroyed at least 50 million people over matters of religious conviction.
F. It would emerge from the pagan Roman empire–the fourth world kingdom (Daniel 7:7, 8). The mighty Catholic Church was little more than the Roman Empire baptized. The very capital of the old Roman Empire became the capital of the Christian empire.
G. God’s people (the saints) would “be given into his hand” for “a time and times and the dividing of time” (Daniel 7:25).
1. A time is a year, times is two years, and the dividing of time is a half-year.The Amplified Bible translates it: “Three and one-half years.”
2. This same time period is mentioned seven times (Daniel 7:25; 12:7; Revelation 11:2, 3; 12:6, 14; 13:5) in the books of Daniel and Revelation: three times as a time, times, and half a time; twice as 42 months; and twice as 1,260 days. Based on the 30-day calendar used by the Jews, these time periods are all the same amount of time:
3 1/2 years = 42 months = 1,260 days.
3. One prophetic day equals one literal year (Ezekiel 4:6; Numbers 14:34).
4. Thus, the little horn (Antichrist) was to have power over the saints for 1,260 prophetic days or 1,260 literal years.
5. The rule of the papacy began in A.D. 538 and continued until 1798 when Napoleon’s general, Berthier, took the pope captive with hopes of destroying both Pope Pius VI and the political, secular power of the papacy. This period of time is an exact fulfillment of the 1,260-year prophecy. The blow was a deadly wound for the papacy but that wound began to heal and continues healing today.
H. It would “speak great words against” or blaspheme God (Daniel 7:25). In Revelation 13:5, the Bible says the same power speaks “great things and blasphemies.” We usually consider the word “anti” to mean “against, but in “Antichrist” it means “in the place of” or “instead of.” Antichrist is guilty of assuming the prerogatives of God. The Papacy claims:
1. Its priests can forgive sins which only God can do (Luke 5:21).
2. To have changed God’s law by dropping out the second commandment (on worshiping images) and splitting the tenth into two parts and changing the fourth commandment by worshiping on the first day of the week instead of the seventh day of creation. But, God’s law cannot be changed (Matthew 5:18).
3. That the pope is God on earth.
I. It would “think to change times and laws” (Daniel 7:25). In its catechisms, the papacy has omitted the second commandment against veneration of images and has shortened the fourth commandment from 94 words to eight. It also divided the tenth commandment into two commandments (Compare the Ten Commandments in any Catholic catechism with God’s commandments in Exodus 20:3-17).
J. The first beast is led by one man who had the mysterious number 666 (Rev. 13:18). In Revelation 13:18, God says to count the number of the beast’s name and that it is the number of a man. When we think of the papacy, the man we naturally think of is the pope. What is his name? One of the pope’s official titles is “Vicarius Filii Dei” and this title is repeatedly used. In fact, The letters inscribed in the pope’s miter are these: Vicarius Filii Dei, which is the Latin for “Vicar of the Son of God.” The book of Revelation is telling us that if we count the number of his name, it will add up to 666. Latin letters have numerical value, so if we plug in the numerical values of the letters in “VICARIUS FILII DEI”, and add them, we get 666.
These 10 identifying marks can be fulfilled in only one entity, the papacy.
Most people will follow the Antichrist (Revelation 13:3) and the Ascended Masters, thinking they are following Christ. Only the very elect will be safe (Matthew 24:23, 24). They will be safe because they will test every spiritual teaching and leader by Scripture (Isaiah 8:20).
In His service,
The contents of this article and website are not intended to be against any individual. There are many priests and faithful believers in Roman Catholicism who serve God to the best of their knowledge and are seen by God as His children. The information contained herein is directed only towards the Roman Catholic religio-political system which has reigned in varying degrees of power for nearly two millennia. This system has established an increasing number of doctrines and statements that directly go against the Bible.
It is our purpose to lay the clear Word of God before you, the truth-seeking reader, to decide for yourself what is truth and what is error. If you find anything here contrary to the Bible, do not accept it. But if you desire to seek for Truth as for hidden treasure, and find herein something of that quality and feel that the Holy Spirit is revealing Truth to you, please make all haste to accept it.