Thank you for contacting BibleAsk.
Millennium means a period of thousand years which will be ushered in after Christ’s return. At the end of the Millennium, these are the events that will take place:
- Third coming of Jesus with His saints (Zechariah 14:5).
- Holy city settles on mount of Olives, which becomes a great plain (Zechariah 14:4, 10).
- The Father, angels, and all of the righteous come with Jesus (Revelation 21:1-3 Matthew 25:31 Zechariah 14:5).
- Wicked dead raised and Satan loosed (Revelation 20:5, 7).
- Satan deceives entire world (Revelation 20:8).
- Wicked surround the holy city (Revelation 20:9).
- Wicked destroyed by fire (Revelation 20:9).
- New heavens and earth created (Isaiah 65:17 2 Peter 3:13 Revelation 21:1).
- God’s people enjoy eternity with Christ on the new earth (Revelation 21:2-4).
At the end of the Millennium, the new Jerusalem will settle where the mount of Olives now stands. The mountain will be flattened to make a great plain, upon which the city will come to rest. All of the righteous people of all ages (Zechariah 14:5), the angels of heaven (Matthew 25:31), plus God the Father (Revelation 21:2, 3) and God the Son (Matthew 25:31) will return to earth with the holy city for Jesus’ special coming. The second coming will be for His saints the third will be with His saints.
Also, at the close of the Millennium, the wicked will be raised. Satan, loosed from his bonds, will have an earth full of people to deceive. The nations will then unite and marshal their armies to surround the new Jerusalem. And, fire will suddenly come down from heaven upon the wicked and all will be turned into ashes, including the devil and his angels (Matthew 25:41). This fire that destroys sin and sinners is called the second death. There is no resurrection from this death.
Then, God will create the new earth. Sin and its ugliness will be gone forever. God’s people will at long last receive the kingdom promised to them. “They shall obtain joy and gladness, and sorrow and sighing shall flee away” (Isaiah 35:10).
In His service,