- On three continents.
- In three languages.
- By about 40 different people (kings, shepherds, scientists, attorneys, an army general, fishermen, priests, and a physician).
- Over a period of about 1,500 years.
- On the most controversial subjects.
- By people who, in most cases, had never met.
- By authors whose education and background varied greatly.
And if the Bible is truly the Word of God, then it is the final authority for all matters of faith, religious practice, and morals. “Your word is truth” (John 17:17). Jesus said, “Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by no means pass away“ (Matthew 24:35). The words of even the greatest men of earth change, but the principles of God are steadfast forever, for God changes not (Malachi 3:6). The “the word of our God will stand forever” (Isaiah 40:8).
God’s truth never changes, for its Author is “the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever” (Hebrews 13:8). Those who come to Him for the salvation of their souls will never “hunger” (John 6:35), nor will they “thirst” (John 4:14).
In His service,