Through God’s promises, a Christian can be assured of God’s salvation. Christ came to restore that which was lost, and the Christian may therefore expect to have the divine image restored in his soul ( 2 Cor. 3:18; Heb. 3:14). This possibility should ever be before the believer’s eyes to stimulate him to perfect Christ-likeness. He will attain to this goal to the extent that he accepts and uses the powers hidden in the spiritual gifts Christ has made available to him. The transformation begins at the new birth and continues until Christ’s appearing (1 John 3:2). Here are some promises that you can claim:
- He will cover our past sins and count us guiltless (Isaiah 44:22 John 1:9).
- He removes the death sentence from us by crediting us for His sinless life and atoning death (2 Corinthians 5:21).
- As we were created in God’s image in the beginning (Genesis 1:26, 27), Jesus promises to restore us to God’s image (Romans 8:29).
- Jesus gives us the desire to live right and then grants us His power to actually accomplish it (Philippians 2:13).
- Jesus, by His miracles, will cause us to happily do only the things that please God (Hebrews 13:20, 21 John 15:11).
- Jesus assumes responsibility for keeping us faithful until He returns to take us to heaven (Philippians 1:6; Jude 1:24).
Jesus is ready to fulfill all these glorious promises in your life. Just claim it by faith. By faith you may consider yourself already in possession of what has been promised. Your confidence in the One who has made the promises leaves no uncertainty as to their fulfillment in due time. Faith thus enables you not only to lay claim to promised blessings but to receive and to enjoy them now. Thus, the promised inheritance becomes a present possession. The good things to come are no longer only dreams to be fulfilled in the future, but living realities in the present.
In His service,
This post is also available in: हिन्दी (Hindi)