The Bible says, “I am the Lord . . . new things do I declare: before they spring forth I tell you of them” (Isaiah 42:8, 9). “I am God . . . Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done” (Isaiah 46:9, 10).
Bible prophecies confirm the inspiration of Scripture. Here are some of these prophecies:
A-Prophecies about nations:
- Four world empires to arise: Babylon, Medo-Persia, Greece, and Rome (Daniel chapters 2, 7, 8).
- Cyrus to be the warrior to capture Babylon (Isaiah 45:1-3).
- After Babylon’s destruction, it would never be inhabited again (Isaiah 13:19, 20 Jeremiah 51:37).
- Egypt would never again have a commanding position among the nations (Ezekiel 29:14, 15 30:12, 13).
- Earth-shaking calamities and fear toward the end of time (Luke 21:25, 26).
- Moral degeneracy and decline of spirituality in the last days (2 Timothy 3:1-5).
B-Prophecies about the Messiah:
|Prophecy||Old Testament Scripture||New Testament Fulfillment|
|1.||Born in Bethlehem||Micah 5:2||Matthew 2:1|
|2.||Born of a virgin||Isaiah 7:14||Matthew 1:18-23|
|3.||Of David’s lineage||Jeremiah 23:5||Revelation 22:16|
|4.||Attempted murder by Herod||Jeremiah 31:15||Matthew 2:16-18|
|5.||Betrayal by a friend||Psalms 41:9||John 13:18, 19, 26|
|6.||Sold for 30 silver coins||Zechariah 11:12||Matthew 26:14-16|
|7.||Crucified||Zechariah 12:10||John 19:16-18, 37|
|8.||Lots cast for His clothes||Psalms 22:18||Matthew 27:35|
|9.||No bones broken||Psalms 34:20 Exodus 12:46||John 19:31-36|
|10.||Buried in rich man’s tomb||Isaiah 53:9||Matthew 27:57-60|
|11.||Year, day, hour of His death||Daniel 9:26, 27 Exodus 12:6||Matthew 27:45-50|
|12.||Raised the third day||Hosea 6:2||Acts 10:38-40|
Dr. Peter Stoner, former chairman of the departments of mathematics, astronomy, and engineering at Pasadena College California, worked with 600 students for several years applying the “principle of probability” to the prophecies of the Messiah’s coming. They chose just eight from the many available and finally decided the chances of all eight being fulfilled in one man in a lifetime is one in 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000. What would the odds be on the more than 125 prophecies of the Messiah? It couldn’t happen by chance!
In His service,