- Wars and strife – “When you hear of wars and commotions, do not be terrified; for these things must come to pass” (Luke 21:9).
- Political unrest – “There will be … on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity … men’s hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth” (Luke 21:25, 26).
- Increase of Knowledge – “The time of the end … knowledge shall increase” (Daniel 12:4). The dawn of the Information Age makes this one obvious.
- Scoffers and Skeptics – “Scoffers will come in the last days” (2 Peter 3:3). “They will not endure sound doctrine. … They will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables” (2 Timothy 4:3, 4). Even religious leaders are denying the plain Bible teachings of Creation, the Flood, the divinity of Christ, the second coming, and many other Bible truths. Public educators teach evolution and other false teachings for the plain facts of God’s Word.
- Moral Decline – “In the last days … men will be lovers of themselves … unloving … without self-control … despisers of good … having a form of godliness but denying its power” (2 Timothy 3:1–3, 5).
- Love of Pleasure – “In the last days … men will be … lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God” (2 Timothy 3:1, 2, 4).
- Lawlessness and Violence – “Lawlessness will abound” (Matthew 24:12). “Evil men and impostors will grow worse and worse” (2 Timothy 3:13). “The land is filled with crimes of blood, and the city is full of violence” (Ezekiel 7:23).
- Natural Disasters – “There will be great earthquakes in various places, and famines and pestilences … and on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity” (Luke 21:11, 25). Earthquakes, tornadoes, and floods are increasing at an unprecedented rate.
- Evangelism to all the world – “This gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come” (Matthew 24:14). Through the internet, satellites and TV, the gospel is reaching out to the whole world.
The prophetic landmarks are fulfilling and the final end time events of prophecy are sounding the alarm. Therefore, let us turn to God with all of our hearts and seek His face that we may be ready for His appearing. “So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him” (Matthew 24:44).
In His service,
A closing message from BibleAsk:
Thank you for visiting BibleAsk – an online ministry dedicated to providing Bible based answers to your questions. If you enjoyed and agree with this answer, please like and share! If you don’t agree, please leave a comment below, and we’ll be sure to respond! If you have another question you would like to ask, please click here and someone from our team will personally answer it (don’t worry, your email address will never be shared). Check out our Bible Answers page to see just Bible verses answering thousands of questions. If you feel impressed to support this ministry, kindly visit our donate page to send a tax-deductible love gift to BibleAsk. Any donation size helps .