The Word of God contains powerful and effective strategies to help you overcome addictions. Here are some principles:
- Know that God can indeed deliver you. “No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it” (1 Corinthians 10:13).
- Study the Word of God daily to receive power to overcome. “For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart” (Hebrews 4:12).
- Obey the Spirit’s convictions. “To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts” (Hebrews 3:15).
- Claim Jesus’ blood for victory. “And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb” (Revelation 12;11).
- Become a prayer. “Pray without ceasing“ (1 Thessalonians 5:17).
- Believe that your weakest point will become your strongest point. “Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you” (Matthew 17:20).
- Flee from temptation. “Run from temptations that capture young people” (2 Timothy 2:22).
- Don’t stand in the path of sin. “Make no provision for the flesh, to fulfill its lusts” Romans 13:14
- Let Christ be the center of your life. “He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing” (John 15:5).
- Focus on heaven. “Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth” (Colossians 3:2).
- Don’t wait to feel victorious but trust that God has made you whole. “whatsoever you shall ask in prayer, believing, you shall receive” (Matthew 21:22).
- Seek professional and medical assistance. And be accountable for your actions to a Christian support group. “Therefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another” (1 Corinthians 5:11).
In His service,