The entire plan of salvation is a mystery to the human mind. “Now to Him who is able to establish you according to my gospel and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery kept secret since the world began” (Romans 16:25 also Ephesians 1:9; 3:9; Colossians 2:2; Revelation 10:7). This plan engulfs God’s eternal purpose to save His fallen creatures (1 Corinthians 2:6, 7; Ephesian 3:3–10).
The Major Mysteries of Christianity
1. The mystery that God offered His Son to redeem mankind. “For I do not desire, brethren, that you should be ignorant of this mystery, lest you should be wise in your own opinion, that blindness in part has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in” (Romans 11:25).
2. The mystery of Christ’s incarnation. “And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory” (1 Timothy 3:16).
3. The mystery of the new birth. “Jesus answered and said to him, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.” Nicodemus said to Him, “How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother’s womb and be born?” Jesus answered, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God…” (John 3:3-8).
4. The mystery of God’s transforming power. “Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints. To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory” (Colossians 1:26, 27).
5. The mystery of the Resurrection. “Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed— in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed…” (1 Corinthians 15:51-54).
These mysteries of the Christian faith are some of the many things that will be made more known in the New Earth. These will be the study of the redeemed throughout the ceaseless ages of eternity.
Check out our Bible Answers page for more information on a variety of topics.
In His service,