“Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth” (3 John 2).
Yes, the Bible has many health laws other than the clean and unclean animals list. Following God’s health rules results in “saving health” (Psalms 67:2) and more abundant life (John 10:10). These great health laws are like a wall or fence to keep out the diseases of Satan. Here are some of these laws:
1. Washing and hygiene (Leviticus 17:15, 16).
2. Quarantine for contagious disease (Leviticus 13:46).
3. Human-body waste buried (Deuteronomy 23:12, 13).
4. Hatred causes sickness (Leviticus 19:17, 18; Proverbs 15:17; Hebrews 12:14, 15).
5. Moral living to prevent sexual diseases (Leviticus 18; Proverbs 5:1-12; Colossians 3:5, 6).
6. Animal fat is forbidden to eat (Leviticus 3:17; 7:22-24).
7. Animal blood is forbidden to eat (Deuteronomy 12:16).
8. Overeating causes disease (Proverbs 23:2).
9. Necessity of rest (Psalm 127:2; Mark 6:31).
10. Importance of work (Exodus 20:9, 10; 2 Thessalonians 3:10).
11. Happy heart is good medicine (Proverbs 17:22; 1 Timothy 6:6).
12. Children reap bad parental habits (Deuteronomy 12:25; Exodus 20:5).
13.Trust in the Lord gives strength (Psalm 18:2).
In His service,
A closing message from BibleAsk:
Thank you for visiting BibleAsk – an online ministry dedicated to providing Bible based answers to your questions. If you enjoyed and agree with this answer, please like and share! If you don’t agree, please leave a comment below, and we’ll be sure to respond! If you have another question you would like to ask, please click here and someone from our team will personally answer it (don’t worry, your email address will never be shared). Check out our Bible Answers page to see just Bible verses answering thousands of questions. If you feel impressed to support this ministry, kindly visit our donate page to send a tax-deductible love gift to BibleAsk. Any donation size helps 🙂