Yes, the Bible has many health laws other than the clean and unclean meats. Following God’s health rules results in “saving health” (Psalms 67:2) and more abundant life (John 10:10). The Lord says, “Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers” (3 John 2). These great health laws are like a wall or fence to keep out the diseases of Satan. Here are some of these laws:
- Washing and hygiene. “And every person who eats what died naturally or what was torn by beasts, whether he is a native of your own country or a stranger, he shall both wash his clothes and bathe in water, and be unclean until evening. Then he shall be clean. But if he does not wash them or bathe his body, then he shall bear his guilt” (Leviticus 17:15, 16).
- Quarantine for contagious disease. “He shall be unclean. All the days he has the sore he shall be unclean. He is unclean, and he shall dwell alone; his dwelling shall be outside the camp” (Leviticus 13:46).
- Human-body waste buried. “Also you shall have a place outside the camp, where you may go out; and you shall have an implement among your equipment, and when you sit down outside, you shall dig with it and turn and cover your refuse” (Deuteronomy 23:12, 13).
- Hatred causes sickness. “‘You shall not hate your brother in your heart. You shall surely rebuke your neighbor, and not bear sin because of him. You shall not take vengeance, nor bear any grudge against the children of your people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself: I am the Lord“ (Leviticus 19:17, 18 also Proverbs 15:17; Hebrews 12:14, 15).
- Moral living to prevent sexual diseases. “Therefore put to death your members which are on the earth: fornication, uncleanness, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry. Because of these things the wrath of God is coming upon the sons of disobedience” (Colossians 3:5, 6 also Leviticus 18; Proverbs 5:1-12).
- Animal fat is forbidden to eat. “This shall be a perpetual statute throughout your generations in all your dwellings: you shall eat neither fat nor blood” (Leviticus 3:17 also 7:22-24).
- Animal blood is forbidden to eat. “Only you shall not eat the blood; you shall pour it on the earth like water” (Deuteronomy 12:16).
- Overeating causes disease. “And put a knife to your throat if you are a man given to appetite” (Proverbs 23:2).
- Necessity of rest. “It is vain for you to rise up early, to sit up late, to eat the bread of sorrows; for so He gives His beloved sleep” (Psalm 127:2 also Mark 6:31).
- Importance of work. “Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God” (Exodus 20:9 also 2 Thessalonians 3:10).
- Happy heart is good medicine. “A merry heart does good, like medicine, but a broken spirit dries the bones” (Proverbs 17:22 also 1 Timothy 6:6).
- Children reap bad parental habits. “you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me” (Exodus 20:5).
- Trust in the Lord gives strength. “The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer;
My God, my strength, in whom I will trust; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold” (Psalm 18:2).
In His service,