Thank you for contacting BibleAsk.
Many Christians wondered at one point about if God was out there and loves His children and answers their prayers.
A-Here are some pointers to the existence of God:
- The complexity of our planet points to a deliberate Designer who not only created our universe, but sustains it today.
- The human brain’s complexity shows a higher intelligence behind it.
- “Chance” or “natural causes” are insufficient explanations.
- People personally experience God through a personal relationship and through the supernatural interventions in their lives (miracles).
- We know God exists because he pursues us. He is constantly initiating and seeking for us to come to Him.
- Unlike any other revelation of God, Jesus Christ is the clearest, most perfect picture of God.
- God gave man Bible prophecies to build our faith in Him.
B-Does God answer prayer?
Of course He does. But God’s answers to prayer may be “Yes”; or it may be “No”; or it may be “Wait”. To have our prayers answered, there are two conditions that we must meet:
- We must pray in the will of God. This means that we need to ask for something that is good for us “Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts” (James 4:3).
- We must be living lives pleasing to God “Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God. And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight . . . . If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you” (I John 3:21, 22; John 15:7).
And without faith we cannot receive what we ask for. Jesus says, “What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them and ye shall have them” (Mark 11:24). Don’t wait to see the results, believe first; say it is so, not because I see it, but because God has promised. Faith is being confident in God’s Word and not in what you see. When God sees your faith, then He will grant you your request.
C-How do we acquire this faith?
When we look at the Cross, we will be filled with faith because “He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?” (Romans 8:32). The Lord will certainly give good things to His children (Psalm 84:11).
In His service,