Thank you for contacting BibleAsk.
Christians can be very happy in the Lord indeed. Jesus said, “These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full” (John 15:11); “I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly” (John 10:10).
Happy Christians don’t find their joy in worldly laughter or in superficial excitement caused by the world’s shallow pleasures. A happy Christian finds his joy in resting in the love of Christ, in victories won, and in unselfish service for humanity. This happy experience will reach its highest potential in the world to come, but a high degree of joy may be experienced here and now by those who abide in Christ. True Christians are very happy because they receive these daily blessings from God:
- Forgiveness of sins (Acts 2:38)
- An abundant life of purpose (John 10:10; Ecc. 12:13)
- Divine help in their prayers (Rom. 8:26)
- Divine help in resisting temptation (1 Cor. 13:10)
- Help from angels while living life (Heb. 1:14; Dan. 10:2, 12-13)
- Divine protection from evil (2 Thes. 3:3)
- Jesus serves as their “defense attorney” (1 John 2:1)
- The Holy Spirit serves as “another” defense attorney (John 14:16; 16:7)
- God ensures that their physical necessities will be provided (Matt. 6:33; Mark 10:29-30)
- Divine help in living the righteous life (Rom. 8:11)
- Divine help bearing the burdens of life (Matt. 11:28-30; Isaiah 42:3)
- A heavenly inheritance reserved for them (Eph. 1:11; 1 Peter 1:4)
- An indescribable inner peace (Philippians 4:7)
- Trusting in grace instead of their own ability (Titus 3:5)
- The ever-abiding presence of God (Matt. 28:20; Rev. 3:10)
- Abounding love toward others (1 Thes. 3:12-13)
As long as a Christian is daily connected to the God (through prayer and study of the Word), he can have a full happy life in Christ.
In His service,