The Bible is not a science book, yet it is scientifically accurate. The following are statements that are consistent with known scientific facts:
A-Statements Consistent With Paleontology
Dinosaurs are referred to in several Bible books (Job 40:15-24; Job 41:1-34).
B-Statements Consistent With Astronomy
- The Bible frequently refers to the great number of stars in the heavens (Genesis 22:17; Jeremiah 33:22). There are estimates of 1021 stars – the number of grains of sand on the earth’s seashores is estimated to be 1025.
- The Bible also says that each star is unique (1Corinthians 15:41).
- The Bible describes the precision of movement in the universe (Jeremiah 31:35, 36).
- The Bible describes the suspension of the Earth in space (Job 26:7).
C-Statements Consistent With Meteorology
- The Bible describes the circulation of the atmosphere (Ecclesiastes 1:6).
- The Bible includes some principles of fluid dynamics (Job 28:25).
D-Statements Consistent With Biology
- The book of Leviticus (written prior to 1400 BC) describes the value of blood (Leviticus 17:11). In 1616, William Harvey discovered that blood circulation is the key factor in physical life—confirming what the Bible revealed 3,000 years earlier.
- The Bible describes bio-genesis (the development of living organisms from other living organisms) and the stability of each kind of living organism (Genesis 1:11, 12; Genesis 1:21; Genesis 1:25).
- The Bible describes the chemical nature of flesh (Genesis 2:7; Genesis 3:19).
- It is a proven fact that a person’s mental and spiritual health is strongly correlated with physical health. The Bible revealed this to us with these statements (and others) written by King Solomon about 950 BC (Proverbs 12:4; Proverbs 14:30; Proverbs 15:30).
E-Statements Consistent With Anthropology
We have cave paintings and other evidence that people inhabited caves. The Bible also describes cave men (Job 30:5, 6). Note that these were not ape-men, but descendants of people that scattered after the confusion of Babel.
F-Statements Consistent With Hydrology
- The Bible includes reasonably complete descriptions of the hydro-logic cycle (Psalm 135:7; Jeremiah 10:13; Job 36:27-29).
- The Bible describes the re-circulation of water (Ecclesiastes 1:7; Isaiah 55:10).
- The Bible refers to the great amount of water that can be held as condensation in clouds (Job 26:8; Job 37:11).
- Hydrothermal vents are described in two books of the Bible written before 1400BC—more than 3,000 years before their discovery by science (Genesis 7:11; Job 38:16).
G-Statements Consistent With Geology
- The Bible describes the Earth’s crust (along with a comment on astronomy) (Jeremiah 31: 37).
- The Bible described the shape of the earth centuries before people thought that the earth was spherical (Isaiah 40:22). The book of Isaiah was written sometime between 740 and 680 BC. This is at least 300 years before Aristotle suggested that the earth might be a sphere in this book On the Heavens.
In His service,