If decided to follow Jesus, He promised victory! For those that are facing failures in their walk with the Lord just remember: “I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me” (Philippians 4:13).
Seven Steps to Help Maintain Victory in your Christian walk:
- Ask the Lord to change you. Our prayer should, “Create in me a clean heart, 0 God; and renew a right spirit within me” (Psalm 51:10).
- Run away from sin. “But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed” (James 1:14).
- Study the Word of God every day. Christ fought the devil with the God’s Word (Matthew 4:4). “…the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God” (Ephesians 6:17). And God’s Word will perform the miracle of change in your life.
- Pray always. “Pray without ceasing” (1 Thessalonians 5:17).
- Claim God’s promises for victory “Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises (in the Scriptures): that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature” (2 Peter 1:4). Here are some of these promises:
“Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us” (Romans 8:37).
“If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all–how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things?” (Romans 8:31-32).
“But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ” (1 Corinthians 15:57).
- Resist the devil. “Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you” (James 4:7). Victory comes through submission and resistance. When the will is submitted to the will of God, then the divine presence sets up a resistance against the powers of the evil one.
- Witness about Jesus. “that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved” (Romans 10:9).
In His service,