Thank you for your question.
Let us begin by defining what you mean by “The Moses Anointing.”
“The Moses Anointing” is a sermon phrase used by a popular pastor that basically states that one needs “The Moses Anointing” or a special anointing by God, in order to have success in life. He states that success in life (work, ministry, etc) is the evidence that God has anointed them. Success in the realm of ministry is stated as signs, wonders and miracles.
While Moses was definitely anointed by God for the work He was called to do, there is no where in the Bible that mentions the phrase “The Moses Anointing.” The Bible also does not state that success in everything is a sign that God is with us or that we choose if we are called to perform miracles (Matthew 10:14; 1 Corinthians 12:28). Hardships or apparent failures are also not signs that God has cursed us, but are often a means of refining us and preparing us for something greater ( Isaiah 48:10; Acts 14:22; 2 Corinthians 4:5-9).
It is true that God is all powerful and used signs and wonders when delivering His people from Egypt during the time of Moses (Jeremiah 22:31) and Jesus definitely performed miracles, signs and wonders in His ministry (Acts 2:22). However, spirits of devils can also use miracles as a means of deception (Revelation 16:14). It is then important to be able to discern what is from God and what is not. This is found by discerning if the person or entity’s words and actions are in harmony with God’s word (Isaiah 8:20).
- Humble yourself before God and ask for His will in ministry (James 4:10, Luke 11:2)
- Believe God’s promises to change your heart to make your calling sure (2 Peter 1:4-10)
- Study the Bible to know what message to preach (2 Timothy 2:15)
- Know and demonstrate God’s love as the basis of ministry (1 John 4:11)
- Share the gospel in every opportunity that God opens (Matthew 28:19-20, 2 Timothy 4:2)
In His service,