“For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord” (Romans 6:23). When you accept Christ’s death on your behalf, as a free gift, you become a child of the Most High. “To all who received him, who believed in his name, he gave power to become children of God” (John 1: 12RSV).
If you would like to accept Jesus into your heart, take the following steps:
- Understand that sinners are condemned to death. “The wages of sin is death…” (Romans 6:23). You are born with an evil nature that naturally condemns you to death.
- Realize that you cannot save yourself. “Without Me (God) you can do nothing” (John 15:5). You cannot save yourself from the sinful nature.
- Repent and confess your sins to God. “All have sinned…” (Romans 3:23). Repenting means forsaking your sins by the grace of God.
- Believe Jesus died for your sins. “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life” (John 3:16). Believe that Christ took the death punishment you deserve so that you can have eternal life.
- Trust that Jesus forgives your sins. “If we confess our sins He is faithful and just to forgive us of our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness” (1 John 1:9). Believe that Jesus has forgiven all your confessed sins.
- Rejoice that you have eternal life. “He who believes in Me has everlasting life” (John 6:47). Believe that now you have eternal life through Christ.
- Walk as Jesus did. “As you therefore have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him” (Colossians 2:6). Live a righteous life by God’s grace.
Now if you took these simple steps, rejoice exceedingly in God’s salvation for He who promised is true and faithful to His word. Praise the Lord!
Check out our Bible Answers page for more information on a variety of topics.
In His service,
A closing message from BibleAsk:
Thank you for visiting BibleAsk – an online ministry dedicated to providing Bible based answers to your questions. If you enjoyed and agree with this answer, please like and share! If you don’t agree, please leave a comment below, and we’ll be sure to respond! If you have another question you would like to ask, please click here and someone from our team will personally answer it (don’t worry, your email address will never be shared). Check out our Bible Answers page to see just Bible verses answering thousands of questions. If you feel impressed to support this ministry, kindly visit our donate page to send a tax-deductible love gift to BibleAsk. Any donation size helps .