“For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord” (Romans 6:23). When you accept Christ’s death on your behalf, as a free gift, you become a child of God. “To all who received him, who believed in his name, he gave power to become children of God” (John 1: 12, RSV). If you sincerely come to Jesus, He will always accept you, “All that the Father gives me will come to me; and him who comes to me I will not cast out” (John 6:37).
Steps to Salvation
If you would like to accept Jesus into your heart, take the following steps:
- Understand that we are all sinners. “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;” (Romans 3:23). As sinners, we are condemned to death, therefore, we need a Savior. “For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord” (Romans 6:23).
- Realize that you cannot save yourself. “Without Me (God) you can do nothing” (John 15:5). You cannot save yourself from sin or a sinful nature.
- Repent or show remorse for sin. Jesus said, “…for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance” (Matthew 9:13). To repent means to be sorry for sin and to turn from it.
- Confess your sins to God and trust that He forgives you. “If we confess our sins He is faithful and just to forgive us of our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness” (1 John 1:9). Believe that Jesus has forgiven all your confessed sins.
- Believe Jesus died for your sins. “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life” (John 3:16). Believe that Christ took the death punishment you deserve so that you can have eternal life.
- Rejoice that you have eternal life. “He who believes in Me has everlasting life” (John 6:47). Believe that now you have eternal life through Christ.
- Walk as Jesus did. “As you therefore have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him” (Colossians 2:6). Choose to demonstrate the gift of salvation by living a righteous life by God’s grace. This comes by daily time in prayer and study of His word.
If you took these simple steps, rejoice exceedingly in God’s salvation. He who promised is true and faithful to His word. Praise the Lord!
Check out our Bible Answers page for more information on a variety of topics. We are here to answer your questions.
In His service,