Jesus did not go to India to learn from Hindu Gurus how to perform miracles because:
- Jesus never believed in Pantheism (all is God) which is taught in Hindu faith (Mark 12:29).
- Jesus upheld the Ten Commandments which teaches worship to the One God and forbid the making of images and statues as held in the Hindu faith (Exodus 20:2-3; 34:14; Deuteronomy 6:14; 13:10; 2 Kings 17:35).
- Jesus taught the Old Testament’ beliefs of the Creator, Judgment Day, the plan of redemption, Heaven, Hell, no incarnation… which are clearly contrary to Hindu beliefs (Luke 24:27).
- Jesus did not give reference to the Hindu Vedas but He only taught from the Old Testament Jewish books (Mark 12:29).
- Jesus was recognized by all as a local Jewish resident “all were speaking well of Him, and wondering at the gracious words which were falling from His lips; and they were saying, ‘Is this not Joseph’s son?’” (Luke 4:22).
- Jesus was brought up in Nazareth, not India, and His custom was to visit the synagogue, not Hindu temples “And he came to Nazareth, where He had been brought up; and as was His custom, He entered the synagogue on the Sabbath and stood up to read” (Luke 4:16).
Jesus never taught the Hindu faith. God Almighty gave Jesus the power to perform miracles “Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs” (Acts 2:22).
In His service,
A closing message from BibleAsk:
Thank you for visiting BibleAsk – an online ministry dedicated to providing Bible based answers to your questions. If you enjoyed and agree with this answer, please like and share! If you don’t agree, please leave a comment below, and we’ll be sure to respond! If you have another question you would like to ask, please click here and someone from our team will personally answer it (don’t worry, your email address will never be shared). Check out our Bible Answers page to see just Bible verses answering thousands of questions. If you feel impressed to support this ministry, kindly visit our donate page to send a tax-deductible love gift to BibleAsk. Any donation size helps 🙂