Jesus did not go to India to learn from Hindu Gurus how to perform miracles because:
- Jesus never believed in Pantheism (all is God) which is taught in Hindu faith (Mark 12:29).
- Jesus upheld the Ten Commandments which teaches worship to the One God and forbid the making of images and statues as held in the Hindu faith (Exodus 20:2-3; 34:14; Deuteronomy 6:14; 13:10; 2 Kings 17:35).
- Jesus taught the Old Testament’ beliefs of the Creator, Judgment Day, the plan of redemption, Heaven, Hell, no incarnation… which are clearly contrary to Hindu beliefs (Luke 24:27).
- Jesus did not give reference to the Hindu Vedas but He only taught from the Old Testament Jewish books (Mark 12:29).
- Jesus was recognized by all as a local Jewish resident “all were speaking well of Him, and wondering at the gracious words which were falling from His lips; and they were saying, ‘Is this not Joseph’s son?’” (Luke 4:22).
- Jesus was brought up in Nazareth, not India, and His custom was to visit the synagogue, not Hindu temples “And he came to Nazareth, where He had been brought up; and as was His custom, He entered the synagogue on the Sabbath and stood up to read” (Luke 4:16).
Jesus never taught the Hindu faith. God Almighty gave Jesus the power to perform miracles “Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs” (Acts 2:22).
In His service,