Jesus’ Source of Miracle Power
- Jesus never believed in Pantheism (all is God) which is taught in the Hindu faith. He taught, “The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord” (Mark 12:29).
- The Son of God upheld the Ten Commandments which teaches worship to the One God and forbid the making of images and statues as held in the Hindu faith. The Ten Commandments state, “I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. Thou shalt have no other gods before me. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me” (Exodus 20:2-3 also 34:14; Deuteronomy 6:14; 13:10; 2 Kings 17:35).
- He taught the Old Testament’ beliefs of the Creator, Judgment Day, the plan of redemption, Heaven, Hell, no incarnation… which are clearly contrary to Hindu beliefs. “And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he (Christ) expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself” (Luke 24:27).
- He did not give reference to the Hindu Vedas in His teachings but He only taught from the Old Testament Jewish books. He said, “Search the scriptures…” and “it is written” (John 5:39; Matthew 4:4-6).
- He was recognized by all as a local Jewish resident “all were speaking well of Him, and wondering at the gracious words which were falling from His lips; and they were saying, ‘Is this not Joseph’s son?’” (Luke 4:22). Jesus was brought up in Nazareth not India.
- Jesus’ custom was to visit the synagogue, not Hindu temples “And he came to Nazareth, where He had been brought up; and as was His custom, He entered the synagogue on the Sabbath and stood up to read” (Luke 4:16).
Christ didn’t obtain the power to perform miracles from Indian Gurus. But God Almighty gave Him the ability to perform miracles. “Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs” (Acts 2:22).
In His service,