Loneliness is an emotion brought on by feelings of separation from others. Everyone experiences loneliness. Jesus understands loneliness because He tasted it. He feels our every emotion and is eager to comfort us when we’re lonely. Here are some of His promises:
- “When my father and my mother forsake me, then the Lord will take care of me” (Psalm 27:10).
- “He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds” (Psalm 147:3).
- “I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever— the Spirit of truth … I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you” (John 14:16–18).
- “For I, the Lord your God, will hold your right hand, saying to you, ‘Fear not, I will help you’ ” (Isaiah 41:13).
- “God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble” (Psalm 46:1).
- “In my distress I called upon the Lord, and cried out to my God; He heard my voice from His temple, and my cry came before Him, even to His ears” (Psalm 18:6).
- “He will not leave you nor forsake you” (Deuteronomy 31:6).
- “‘For the mountains shall depart and the hills be removed, but My kindness shall not depart from you, nor shall My covenant of peace be removed,’ says the Lord” (Isaiah 54:10).
- ”casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you” (1 Peter 5:7).
- “I am with you always, even to the end of the age” (Matthew 28:20).
The Creator of the universe is with you, and He will never leave you. Loneliness will disappear when you realize that the Almighty God is standing by your side. The Lord is the friend who “sticks closer than a brother” (Proverbs 18:24), who lays down His life for His friends (John 15:13-15).
Check out our Bible Answers page for more information on a variety of topics.
In His service,