Here is a brief timeline for the end time events according to Revelation:
- The great crisis (Luke 21:35; Rev. 3:10). This crisis may be result of – economic collapse, natural disaster or terrorist attack.
- The enforcement of the mark of the beast by law (Rev. 13:16,17). The “mark of the beast” will be enforced by governments around the world as a supposed “solution” to the global last crisis. Rev. 19:20. The faithful will refuse the mark of the beast as it violates the Law of God. And they will be sealed by God for eternity.
- The three angels messages (Rev. 14:6-12). Before anyone receives “the mark,” God will send a final message to warn and enlighten the world in this end time. This special message is the message of “The Three Angels” (Rev. 14:6,7). The message is given before the return of Jesus Christ (Rev. 14:14-16).
- The seal or the mark (Rev. 7:1-3; 13:16-14:1). During Earth’s end time, every living human being will make a final choice – choosing the side of Jesus Christ and the truth (receiving the “seal of God”) or the side of Satan and the “beast” (receiving his “mark”). This will divide humanity into two groups.
- The close of probationary period (Rev. 22:11). After everyone has had a chance to make a decision, then the “door of mercy” will close forever, just like the door closed to Noah’s ark before the flood (Genesis 7:16). Every human being will either be “righteous” and “holy,” or “filthy” and “unjust” (Rev. 22:11).
- The seven last plagues (Rev. 16; 14:9-12). The seven last plagues are God’s final judgments upon a world that has rejected His love and His Law -the Ten Commandments (14:7, 12). These plagues fall only upon those who have chosen “the beast” and received its “mark” (Rev. 16:1,2). This end time period is also called the “time of trouble” (Daniel 12:1). During this period, God’s people will be fully protected, just like the Israelites were during the falling of the ten plagues in Egypt (Exodus 7-12; Psalm 91). At the end time period, God’s faithful ones will be “delivered” (Daniel 12:1).
- Armageddon (Rev. 16:14-16). This is the final “battle of that great day of God Almighty”. Jesus Christ returns as “KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS” (Rev. 19:11-16) to defeat the global forces of Satan (Rev. 16:19) and to deliver His obedient people.
- The second coming of Jesus (Mat. 24:30,31; 1 Thess. 4:16,17). Jesus Christ will return visibly, “with power and great glory,” with “a great sound of a trumpet,” accompanied by billions of angels. He will resurrect “the dead in Christ” (this is the First Resurrection) and “catch up” His living saints into the air. “Sudden destruction” falls upon the lost who have survived the seven plagues (1 Thess. 4:16-5:3).
- The millennium, the second resurrection and the lake of fire (Rev. 20:1-15; 21:1. After the return of Jesus Christ comes the 1000 years (Rev. 20). At the end time of this period comes the second resurrection of “the rest of the dead” (the wicked) who were not part of the first resurrection of the saints (Rev. 20:5; 12,13), the final judgment, “the lake of fire” (Rev. 20:14,15)
- Creating a new earth (Rev. 21:1). In the New Earth, there will be “no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain, for the former things are passed away. And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said to me, Write: for these words are true and faithful (Rev. 21:4,5). Sin will be gone, and God’s love will reign forever.
In His service,