2. What did God tell Adam and Eve would be the result if they transgressed, and partook of the forbidden fruit?
“But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.” Gen. 2:17.
3. Who does God say shall die?
“The soul that sinneth, it shall die.” Eze. 18:4.
4. How did death enter the world?
“Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned. Rom. 5:12.
5. Why did God destroy the antediluvian world?
“And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth.… And the Lord said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth.” Gen.6:5-7.
6. While God is merciful, does this clear the guilty?
“The Lord is long-suffering, and of great mercy, forgiving iniquity and transgression, and by no means clearing the guilty.” Num. 14:18. See also Ex. 34:5-7.
7. What is the result of willful sin?
“For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, but a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.” Heb. 10:26,27.
8. Under the theocracy, how were the rebellious or willful transgressors treated?
“He that despised Moses’ law died without mercy under two or three witnesses.” Verse 28.
9. What awaits those who despise the means of grace?
“Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden underfoot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?” Verse 29.
10. Is it the duty of gospel ministers to execute vengeance?
“Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us.” 2 Cor. 5:20. See 2 Tim. 2:24-26.
11. To whom does vengeance belong?
“Vengeance is Mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.” Rom. 12:19.
12. To whom has execution of judgment been committed?
“For as the Father hath life in Himself; so hath He given to the Son to have life in Himself; and hath given Him authority to execute judgment also.” John 5:26,27. See Jude 14,15.
13. Because evil is not punished immediately, what presumptuous course do many pursue?
“Because sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil.” Eccl. 8:11.
14. What message has God commissioned His ministers to bear to men?
“Say ye to the righteous, that it shall be well with him: for they shall eat of the fruit of their doings. Woe unto the wicked! it shall be ill with him: for the reward of his hands shall be given him.” Isa. 3:10,11.