1. HOW great reward has God promised those that love Him?
“But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love Him.” 1 Cor. 2:9.
2. By what have these things been revealed to us?
“But God hath revealed them unto us by His Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.” Verse 10.
3. What reward awaits the true child of God?
“But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.” Rom. 6:22.
4. What will he reap who sows to the Spirit?
“He that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.” Gal. 6:8.
5. For what purpose did God give ms Son to the world?
“For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” John 3:16.
6. What is to be the reward of those whose works are good?
“Who will render to every man according to his deeds: . . . glory, honor, and peace, to every man that worketh good.” Rom. 2:6-10.
7. What will he receive who endures temptation?
“Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love Him.” James 1:12.
8. What promise is made to them that walk uprightly?
“For the Lord God is a sun and shield: the Lord will give grace and glory: no good thing will He withhold from them that walk uprightly.” Ps. 84:11.
9. What are the meek to inherit?
“But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace.” Ps. 37:11.
10. What is promised to the willing and obedient?
“If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land.” Isa. 1:19.
11. What delights and pleasures await the child of God?
“Thou wilt show me the path of life: in Thy presence is
fullness of joy; at Thy right hand there are pleasures forevermore.” Ps. 16:11.
I WILL sing you a song of that beautiful land,
The far-away home of the soul,
Where no storms ever beat on the glittering strand,
While the years of eternity roll.
O, that home of the soul! in my visions and dreams
Its bright jasper walls I can see,
Till I fancy but thinly the veil intervenes
Between the fair city and me.
That unchangeable home is for you and for me,
Where Jesus of Nazareth stands;
The King of all kingdoms forever is He,
And He holdeth our crowns in His hands.
O, how sweet it will be in that beautiful land,
So free from all sorrow and pain;
With songs on our lips and with harps in our hands,
To meet one another again!
MRS. ELLEN H. GATES.