1. WHO are called to repentance?
“I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.” Luke 5:32.
2. What accompanies repentance?
“And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in His name among all nations.” Luke 24:47.
5. What do transgressors bring upon themselves?
“Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.” Eph. 5:6.
7. What are fitting inquiries for those convicted of sin?
“Men and brethren, what shall we do?” “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?” Acts 2:37; 16:30.
8. What replies does Inspiration return to these inquiries?
“Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins.” “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved.” Acts 2:38; 16:31.
9. What will the truly repentant sinner be constrained to do?
“I will declare mine iniquity; I will be sorry for my sin.” Ps. 38:18.
10. What is the result of godly sorrow?
“For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation.” 2 Cor. 7:10.
11. What does the sorrow of the world do?
“The sorrow of the world worketh death.” Same verse.
12. How does godly sorrow for sin manifest itself?
“For behold this selfsame thing, that ye sorrowed after a godly sort, what carefulness it wrought in you, yea, what clearing of yourselves, yea, what indignation, yea, what fear, yea, what vehement desire, yea, what zeal, yea, what revenge! In all things ye have approved yourselves to be clear in this matter.” Verse 11.
14. What did he tell them to do?
“Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance.” Verse 8.
NOTE.-“There can be no repentance without reformation. Repentance is a change of mind; reformation is a corresponding change of life.” -Dr. Raleigh.
15. When God sent the Ninevites a warning message, how did they show their repentance, and what was the result?
“And God saw their works, that they turned from their evil way; and God repented of the evil that H e had said that He would do unto them; and He did it not.” Jonah 3:10.
16. What leads sinners to repentance?
“Or despisest thou the riches of His goodness and forbearance and long-suffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?” Rom. 2:4.