1. HOW has God recompensed men in the past?
“For if the word spoken by angels was steadfast, and every transgression and disobedience received a just recompense of reward; how shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation?” Heb. 2:2,3.
2. How are all to be rewarded in the judgment?
“For we must all appear before the judgment-seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.” 2 Cor. 5:10. “Who will render to every man according to his deeds: . . . for there is no respect of persons with God.” Rom. 2:6-11. “Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.” Gal. 6:7.
3. What will be the reward of the wrong-doer?
“For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption.” Verse 8. “Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil.” Rom. 2:9.
4. What will be the recompense of the righteous?
“But he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.” Gal. 6:8. “But glory, honor, and peace, to every man that worketh good. Rom. 2;10.
5. What general rule of recompense is laid down in the Bible?
“Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.” Matt. 7:1,2. “With the merciful Thou wilt show Thyself merciful; with an upright man Thou wilt show Thyself upright; with the pure Thou wilt show Thyself pure; and with the froward Thou wilt show Thyself froward.” Ps. 18:25,26.
6. In view of this, what are we warned not to do? “Recompense to no man evil for evil.” Rom.12:17. “Not
rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing.” 1 Peter 3:9.
7. What is said of those who render evil for good?
“Whoso rewardeth evil for good, evil shall not depart from his house.” Prov. 17:13.
8. What principle of justice should govern us in our dealings?
“Withhold not good from them to whom it is due, when it is in the power of thine hand to do it.” Prov. 3:27.
9. Where are all to be recompensed?
“Behold, the righteous shall be recompensed in the earth: much more the wicked and the sinner.” Prov. 11:31.
10. In meting out the final awards, what may we be sure God will do?
“Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right?” Gen. 18:25. “Justice and judgment are the habitation of Thy throne: mercy and truth shall go before Thy face.” Ps. 89:14.
O THAT the Lord would guide my ways
To keep His statutes still!
O that my God would grant me grace
To know and do His will!
Order my footsteps by Thy word,
And make my heart sincere;
Let sin have no dominion, Lord,
But keep my conscience clear.
Make me to walk in Thy commands,
‘Tis a delightful road;
Nor let my head, nor heart, nor hands
Offend against my God.