1. WHAT does Solomon say of Envy?
“Wrath is cruel, and anger is outrageous; but who is able to stand before envy?” Prov. 27:4.
2. What is said of Jealousy?
“Jealousy is cruel as the grave.” Song of Solomon 8:6.
3. What is said of Hatred?
“Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer.” 1 John 3:15.
4. What did envy lead the chief priests to do with Christ?
“For he [Pilate] knew that the chief priests had delivered Him [to be crucified] for envy.” Mark 15:10.
5. What did it lead the Jews to do in Paul’s day?
“But when the Jews saw the multitudes, they were filled with envy, and spake against those things which were spoken by Paul, contradicting and blaspheming.” Acts 13:45.
6. What exists where envy and strife are?
“For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.” James 3:16.
7. Why should the heart be closely watched?
“Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.” Prov. 4:23.