1. WHAT do the Scriptures say concerning hospitality?
“Use hospitality one to another without grudging. As every man hath received the gift, even so minister the same one to another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God.” 1 Peter 4:9,10. “Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; . . . distributing to the necessity of saints; given to hospitality.” Rom. 12:10-13.
2. Is a mere expression of good wishes sufficient?
“If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food, and one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?” James 2:15,16.
3. When should we exercise hospitality?
“As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.” Gal. 6:10.
4. What encouragement is given to entertain strangers?
“Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.” Heb. 13:2. See Gen.18:1-8; 19:1-3.
5. What blessings are promised those who do such work?
“The liberal soul shall be made fat: and he that watereth shall be watered also himself.” Prov. 11:25. I Kings 17:8-16.