1. By what has God ordained that His work be sustained?
“Tithes and offerings.” Mal. 3:8.
2. How are we told to come into His courts?
“Bring an offering, and come into His courts.” Ps. 96:8.
NOTE.-Various offerings are mentioned in the Bible, such as thank-offerings, peace-offerings, sin-offerings, and trespass-offerings.
3. In celebrating the three annual feasts, what instruction did God give to His people anciently?
“Three times thou shalt keep a feast unto Me in the year. . . . And none shall appear before Me empty.” Ex. 23:14,15.
4. With what spirit would God have us give?
“Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.” 2 Cor. 9:7.
5. On what condition did Paul say he would have a reward?
“If I do this thing willingly, I have a reward.” 1 Cor. 9:17.
6. What has Christ said regarding giving?
“It is more blessed to give than to receive.” Acts 20:35.
7. How does God regard the covetous man?
“The wicked boasteth of his heart’s desire, and blesseth the covetous, whom the Lord abhorreth.” Ps. 10:3. See Ex. 18:21.
8. What warning did Christ give against covetousness?
“Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man’s life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth.” Luke 12:15.
9. How, in the parable, did God regard the selfish rich man?
“But God said unto him, Thou fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee: then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided?” Verse 20.
10. What application does Christ make of this parable?
“So is he that layeth up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God.” Verse 21. See 1 Tim. 6:7.
11. By what means can men lay up treasure in heaven?
“Sell that ye have, and give alms; provide yourselves bags which wax not old, a treasure in the heavens that faileth not, where no thief approacheth, neither moth corrupteth.” Luke 12:33. See 1 Tim. 6:7.
12. What charge was Timothy instructed to give the rich?
“Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not high-minded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy; that they do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to distribute, willing to communicate; laying up in store for themselves a good foundation against the time to come, that they may lay hold on eternal life.” 1 Tim. 6:17-19.
13. How does God regard such a course?
“But to do good and to communicate forget not: for with such sacrifices God is well pleased.” Heb. 13:16.
14. According to what rule should one give?
“Every man shall give as he is able, according to the blessing of the Lord thy God which He hath given thee.” Deut. 16:17
15. Upon what basis are gifts acceptable to God?
“For if there be first a willing mind, it is accepted according to that a man hath, and not according to that he hath not.” 2 Cor. 8:12.
16. What indicates where our hearts are?
“For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.” Luke 12:34.