2. Besides work, what else has been given to every man?
“And unto one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one; to every man according to his several ability.” Matt. 25:15.
3. What are those called to whom this work is committed?
“For the kingdom of heaven is as a man traveling into a far country, who called his own servants, and delivered unto them his goods.” Verse 14.
4. What use did these servants make of their talents?
“Then he that had received the five talents went and traded with the same, and made them other five talents. . . . But he that had received one went and digged in the earth, and hid his lord’s money.” Verses 16-18.
5. What excuse did the one who hid his talent make?
“I was afraid, and went and hid thy talent in the earth: lo, there thou hast that is thine.” Verse 25.
6. What did his master say to him?
“His lord answered and said unto him, Thou wicked and slothful servant.” Verse 26.
7. What did he say the servant should have done?
“Thou oughtest therefore to have put my money to the exchangers, and then at my coming I should have received mine own with usury.” Verse 27.
8. What is characteristic of slothful persons?
“The slothful man saith, There is a lion without, I shall be slain in the streets.” Prov. 22:13.
NOTE.-That is, they see great obstacles before them, and are always ready with excuses.
9. What was the fate of the slothful servant?
“And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.” Matt. 25:30.
10. What was said to the servant who improved his talents?
“His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.” Verse 21.
11. Why did Christ endure the cruel death on the cross?
“Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.” Heb. 12:2.
12. What will bring to the Lord this satisfaction and joy?
“He shall see of the travail of His soul, and shall be satisfied.” Isa. 53:11.
13. How will Christ demonstrate His joy over the saved?
“He will joy over thee with singing.” Zeph. 3:17.
14. What did Paul set forth as his crown of rejoicing?
“For what is our hope, or joy, or crown of rejoicing? Are not even ye in the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ at His coming? For ye are our glory and joy.” 1 Thess. 2:19,20.
15. Since this joy comes to Christ only through His self-denial and suffering for others, in what way must all others partake of that joy?
“It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with Him, we shall also live with Him: if we suffer, we shall also reign with Him: if we deny Him, He also will deny us.” 2 Tim. 2:11,12.
16. What motive should prompt to soul-saving labor?
“For the love of Christ constraineth us.” 2 Cor. 5:14.
17. Whom does every faithful Christian worker represent?
“Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ’s stead, be ye reconciled to God.” Verse 20.
18. What does God do with the unfruitful members?
“Every branch in Me that beareth not fruit He taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, He purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.” John 15:2.
19. Can one occupy a mere neutral position toward Christ?
“He that is not with Me is against Me: and he that gathereth not with Me scattereth.” Luke 11:23.
20. For what does the Lord tell us to pray?
“The harvest truly is great, but the laborers are few: pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that He would send forth laborers into His harvest.” Luke 10:2.
21. How are we cautioned against delaying the work?
“Say not ye, There are yet four months, and then cometh harvest? behold, I say unto you, Lift up your eyes, and look on the fields; for they are white already to harvest.” John 4:35.
22. What promise is made to those who sow the gospel seed?
“They that sow in tears shall reap in joy. He that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him.” Ps. 126:5,6.
23. What promise is made to soul-winners?
“He that winneth souls is wise.” Prov. 11:30. “And they that be wise [margin, teachers] shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars forever and ever.” Dan. 12:3.