2. How perfect does Christ tell us to be?
“Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.” Matt. 5:48.
3. In whom are we complete?
“And ye are complete in Him.” Col. 2:10.
4. After accepting Christ, what are we to do?
“Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection.” Heb. 6:1.
5. In what is the Christian to grow?
“But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.” 2 Peter 3:18.
6. How may one grow in grace?
“Giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; . . . knowledge; . . . temperance; . . . patience; . . . godliness; . . . brotherly kindness; . . . charity.” 2 Peter 1:5-8.
7. Why does Christ desire this growth in His followers?
“That He might present it to Himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.” Eph. 5:27.
8. What will cause the Christian to grow?
“As new-born babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby.” 1 Peter 2:2.
9. In order to grow by the word of God, what must one do?
“Thy words were found, and I did eat them,” Jer. 15:16.
“Thy word have I hid in mine heart.” Ps. 119:11. See Col. 3:16.
10. What does God’s word then become to the believer?
“Thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart.” Jer. 15:16, last part.
11. Why are the Scriptures given?
“All scripture is: given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: that the man of God may be perfect; thoroughly furnished unto all good works.” 2 Tim. 3:16,17.
12. How may the lack of wisdom be supplied?
“If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.” James 1:5.
13. In how many things may we ask help from God?
“Be careful for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.” Phil. 4:6.
14. What is an evidence of perfection?
“If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body.” James 3:2.
15. What is the bond of perfection?
“And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness.” Col. 3:14. See Phil. 3:13,14; Heb. 12:14.
16. How perfect would God have us become?
“And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.” 1 Thess. 5:23.