1. HOW has the Father shown that His Son is one person of the Godhead?
“But unto the Son He saith, Thy throne, O God, is forever and ever: a scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Thy kingdom.” Heb. 1:8.
2. In what other scripture is the same truth taught?
“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.” John 1:1.
3. In what way did Christ refer to the eternity of His being?
“And now, O Father, glorify Thou Me with Thine own self with the glory which I had with Thee before the world was.” John 17:5. “But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall He come forth unto Me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been of old, from everlasting.” Micah 5:2. See margin; and Matt. 2:6; John 8:58; Ex. 3:13,14.
4. How was Christ begotten in the flesh?
“And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.” Luke 1:35.
5. What scripture states that the Son of God was God manifested in the flesh?
“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.” “And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.” John 1:1,14.
6. What does Christ say is His relation to the Father?
“I and My Father are one.” John 10:30.
7. How was He manifested on earth as a Saviour?
“For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.” Luke 2:11.
8. Why was it necessary that He should be born thus, and partake of human nature?
“Wherefore in all things it behooved Him to be made like unto His brethren, that He might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.” Heb. 2:17.
9. How was He recognized by the Father while on earth?
“And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.” Matt. 3:17.
10. What shows that Christ sustains the same relation to the angels as does the Father?
“For the Son of man shall come in the glory of His Father with His angels; and then He shall reward every man according to his works.” Matt. 16:27. See Matt. 24:31.
11. How did Christ assert an equal proprietorship with His Father in the kingdom?
“The Son of man shall send forth His angels, and they shall gather out of His kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity .” Matt. 13:41.
12. To whom do the elect equally belong?
“And shall not God avenge His own elect, which cry day and night unto Him, though He bear long with them?” Luke 18:7. “And He [the Son of man] shall send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.” Matt. 24:31.
13. Who are equally joined in bestowing the final rewards?
“But without faith it is impossible to please Him [God, the Father]: for he that cometh to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him.” Heb. 11:6. “For the Son of man shall come in the glory of His Father with His angels; and then He shall reward every man according to his works.” Matt. 16:27.
NOTE.-In the texts (Matt. 16:27; 13:41; 24:31) in which Christ refers to the angels as “His angels” and to the kingdom as “His kingdom” and to the elect as “His elect,” He refers to Himself as “the Son of man.” It thus appears that while He was on earth as a man, He recognized His essential deity and His equality with His Father in heaven.
14. What fulness dwells in Christ?
“For in Him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.” Col. 2:9.
15. What does God (Jehovah) declare Himself to be?
“Thus saith the Lord the King of Israel, and His Redeemer the Lord of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside Me there is no God.” Isa. 44:6.
16. In what scripture does Christ adopt the same expression?
“And, behold, I come quickly; and My reward is with Me, to give every man according as his work shall be. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.” Rev. 22:12,13.
17. Having such a wonderful Saviour, what are we exhorted to do?
“Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession. For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.” Heb. 4:14,15.
Before the heavens were spread abroad,
From everlasting was the Word;
With God He was, the Word was God,
And must divinely be adored.
But lo! He leaves those heavenly forms;
The Word descends and dwells in clay,
That He may converse hold with worms,
Dressed in such feeble flesh as they.