Table of Contents
Are Christians Happier than Atheists?
(CNN) – offered a report that Christians are happier than atheists, according to a new study that was conducted at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign where they tapped Twitter as a research tool and compared the messages of Christians and atheists.
But why are Christians happier than Atheists? Christians are happier than Atheists simply because Christians experience the following:
- Forgiveness of sins (Acts 2:38)
- An abundant life of purpose (John 10:10; Ecclesiastes 12:13)
- Divine help in their prayers (Romans 8:26)
- Divine help in resisting temptation (1 Corinthians 13:10)
- Help from angels while living life (Hebrews 1:14; Daniel 10:2, 12-13)
- Divine protection from evil (2 Thessalonians 3:3)
- Jesus serves as their “defense attorney” (1 John 2:1)
- The Holy Spirit serves as their guide (John 14:16; 16:7)
- God ensures that their physical necessities will be provided (Matthew 6:33; Mark 10:29-30)
- Divine help in living the righteous life (Romans 8:11)
- Divine help bearing the burdens of life (Matthew 11:28-30; Isaiah 42:3)
- A heavenly inheritance reserved for them (Ephesians 1:11; 1 Peter 1:4)
- An indescribable inner peace (Philippians 4:7)
- Trusting in grace instead of their own ability (Titus 3:5)
- The ever-abiding presence of God (Matthew 28:20; Revelation 3:10)
- Abounding love toward others (1 Thessalonians 3:12-13)
Ask God for His Joy
Friend, if you are not experiencing the joy of the Lord, why not ask the Lord into your heart today? The Lord is waiting for your response. After you invite the Lord into your heart, maintain a daily connection with Him by studying His Word, praying and witnessing to others. Like the branch that is connected to the vine, stay connected to the Lord everyday so that His love will flow into your life and bring much fruit – Joy, peace and happiness.
In His service,